Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sandy Eyes

Another beautiful fall day! In about 15 minutes I will go out the door, hop in my car and go hurtling down the interstate at 80 miles per hour toward work and I may take a moment or two to glance around and admire the beauty of nature as I go. Also, the beauty of 18-wheelers, especially the ones with cartoon theme mud flaps.

A while back I did a post about things I miss from college, and I think I need to add one to that list - walking to class. What I wouldn't give to live close enough to work to be able to walk to work instead of drive. Sure, I had to leave 30 minutes earlier because walking is not as time-efficient, but those were some of the best times to think and enjoy being outside.

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of all the thinking that can and does take place in cars, especially on the interstate, but it's just not the same. If I get a break from work today I think I will walk aimlessly around the outside of our office building. There are some pine trees back there and even if my coworkers look outside and think I've gone postal, it will be worth it to breath in some pollen and feel alive again.

Love. Grace. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment