Monday, October 5, 2009

Money Doesn't Grow on Trees, but Chocolate Does

I had a favorable weekend and to my own great surprise - a really pleasant Monday.

Here is the short list of highlights of things I did this weekend:
- Went to Greenville (to spend the night before D.C.); did not leave smelling like Greenville (bonus).
- Rode to D.C. with my friend Jeff.
- Saw the WWII monument with the fountains actually on this time.
- Saw Ford's Theater and the house across the street where Lincoln died.
- Went to National Zoo. Favorite animal: the sloth bear.
- Sailed on a 26 foot boat around Bath creek.


Here is the short list of things I would have done if I'd had $7,400,000 to blow:
- Hired my own cab for the day.
- Gone to lunch with George Stephanopolis, my treat.
- Walked through street in front of White house with a leaf blower, blowing around a hundred thousand $1 bills. Played it off like I was making a statement. Wait for someone to think it was deep.
- At least 30 more gas station coffees.
- Sailed in Bath Creek on a full size replica of the Queen Ann's Revenge.
- Purchased the sloth bear.

Despite the lack of funds, it was still almost a good. I got some pretty fantastic views of the sunset in D.C. on Saturday, the weather was great. I took some pictures but camera phones can only do so much - and "so much" usually involves recording my friends doing things that will embarrass them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment